The Office of Financial Aid is committed to helping WCBC students graduate on-time and on-budget. The work that this team does has proven to be a crucial reason that 100% of WCBC's graduates have left WCBC with no federal loan debt. For many colleges, the term financial aid is synonymous with scholarships. While WCBC's Office of Financial Aid does help students with scholarships, the team goes far beyond this narrow focus.
WCBC regularly provides live, interactive webinars on a variety of topics including Financial Aid that are designed to help you and your family as you decide where and how to prepare for ministry. Click below to participate.
West Coast Baptist College provides a number of institutional scholarships that address a variety of focuses and criteria.
One of the many services that the Office of Financial Aid provides to active WCBC students is support in finding local employment. Coaching on how to get a job, how to stand out in job interviews, and how to design an effective resume; providing a list of local employers who are currently looking to hire WCBC students; and providing students with low-priced transportation to and from work are just a few of the many ways this team serves WCBC students. To receive these resources, students should contact the Office of Financial Aid at 888.694.9222 or visit the office which is located in the second floor of the North Auditorium.
Many of WCBC's strong academic programs are officially recognized by the VA. This means that those who have served in the US military or whose parents have done so may be eligible to receive significant financial support for tuition, living expenses, and even books. While it is the VA, not WCBC, that determines a person's GI Bill eligibility, WCBC is glad to help current and prospective students through the eligibility verification and benefit collection process.
Private scholarships are provided by private organizations that are outside WCBC's direct control or influence. Common private scholarships include those provided by an employer, foundation, or community group, and many WCBC students have received this kind of outside funding. Every private scholarship has its own application process and requirements for eligibility, and applying for these scholarships requires diligence and determination. However, a student who receives just a few of these can see significant financial benefits.
Several services have been built by third-parties to help college students identify and apply for these private scholarships. WCBC encourages its students to review these and use the benefits they provide. For easy access, links are provided below to a couple of these services.
Scholarship money will be applied directly to the student's bill unless otherwise stipulated. WCBC's OPE ID number is 04258300, and all funds should be sent to West Coast Baptist College, ATTN: Finance Office, 4010 E. Lancaster Blvd., Lancaster, CA 93535.
Part of the Office of Financial Aid's role is to identify potential resources and help the students know where and how to access them. A noteworthy benefit of WCBC's accreditation is WCBC's "eligible institution" status with the U.S. Department of Education. This official status designation allows WCBC students to take advantage of a variety of annual tax benefits.
The Student Assistance Fund is a general student aid program funded by donors. Awards are issued by college staff under the direction of Ben Hobbs. To request support, students should download, print, and complete the Application for Student Assistance available on the student portal and submit the completed form to the Office of Financial Aid.
The Work Study Program is available to full-time, dormitory students. Participants are paid employees of the college. The participant’s net pay is applied directly to his or her account as earned. Each job is to be viewed as service to the Lord. A work study employee’s work performance must be satisfactory to continue in this program. To apply for a position, students must submit the application available at wcbc.edu/work-study-application.
West Coast Baptist College's commitment to graduating students without debt influences all of our policy decisions, including collection of student payments. To begin a semester, students are required to pay only 20% of their semester costs with the remaining 80% of their bill being divided among four additional payments. Many of WCBC's students choose to follow this interest-free installment plan which allows them to earn money for their training as they are actively enrolled.
Spouses of full-time students will receive three credit hours free per semester; however, all fees will apply. If one spouse is receiving a college scholarship, then the other spouse must pay full tuition. Married, head-of-household, undergraduate, full-time students may enroll their children in Lancaster Baptist School at a discounted rate.